AUSTRALIANS AT WAR

AUSTRALIANS AT WAR
THE NEW AMERICAN CENTURY is a compelling factual history of neoconservatism and its influence on US Foreign Policy in the Middle East during the first decade of the twenty-first century. Click on image above for details.

Monday, November 09, 2009

THE COMING CONFRONTATION

It seems I am not alone in my opinion that Israel may attack Hezbollah at the same time as it launches an attack against Iran. I have for years commented at this blog, and elsewhere, about what I can only describe as the Final Confrontation between Iran and her allies; Hamas in the Gaza Strip and Hezbollah in Lebanon, and Israel. As can be seen, I have often been proved wrong when I have stated that such a Final Confrontation has been imminent. I do not, however, believe that I am wrong about it being a matter of ‘when’ rather than ‘if’.

I have opined that for the Zionists of Israel such a Final Confrontation is not only inevitable but essential if Israel is to realise its dream of a Greater Israel that includes the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, the Golan Heights and south Lebanon up to the Litani River where it will gain access to its much needed waters. For Israel, this confrontation with Iran is necessary because Iran is all that stands between Israel and its Greater Israel dream. Without Iran to support them, Hamas and Hezbollah resistance to Israel will collapse.

I have argued that the likely scenario for this Final Confrontation will be based on Iran’s so-called ‘nuclear weapons program’ being used as the casus belli. I have stated explicitly, however, that Israel’s real purpose is to use such a Final Confrontation in order to defeat Hamas and Hezbollah so that Israel can then realise its Greater Israel dream and that any attack against Iran will be accompanied by an all-out offensive against Hezbollah and Hamas.

I stress that the main aim of this Final Confrontation is not to destroy Iran’s ‘nuclear weapons program’ – that is merely a propaganda ploy to create the casus belli it needs to attack Iran – but to defeat then destroy Hamas and Hezbollah. When the Final Confrontation does come, Israel will be relying on the US to subdue Iran after Israel has instigated an attack, thus leaving Israel free to devote all of its land forces and most of its air force to attack and invade south Lebanon and the Gaza Strip.

In the past when Israel has attempted to provoke Iran into a Final Confrontation, Iran did not respond. This left Israel in an embarrassing situation whereby it stood accused of using ‘disproportionate force’ and of having committed war crimes by deliberately targeting civilians and civilian areas. The embarrassment was compounded by the fact that the Israelis, both in their war against Hezbollah in 2006 and their war against Hamas in 2008/2009, were not able to achieve their stated war aims of destroying Hezbollah or Hamas. The reality is that Israel will be unable to destroy either without using an attack on Iran to distract from the carnage that will happen as Israel attempts the destruction of Hamas and Hezbollah. While the world’s attention is drawn to the massive attacks against Iran, Israel will go about quietly destroying every vestige of Hamas and Hezbollah resistance.

The world should not be fooled by Israel’s past failures to destroy Hamas and Hezbollah. The fact is; Israel has the military wherewithal to destroy both simultaneously and with ease, but can only do so while the worlds eyes are looking elsewhere – hence the need for a massive attack against Iran.

It is not a matter of ‘if’; it is only a matter of ‘when’.

5 comments:

traducteur said...

The Zionists are having a hard time of it, aren't they? All they ever wanted was the extermination of the Palestinian people, the erasure of every trace of their former presence in the land, and the deletion of even the memory of them from the history books. Sixty years on, the Zios are beset by enemies to the north, enemies to the south, enemies to the east, and in their very midst, Palestinians, hordes of them, proliferating away, not exterminated in the least. I know you take a bleak view, Damian, but I suggest that at the very least there are grounds for cautious optimism. Vive la Palestine !

Damian Lataan said...

Hi Trad, Every now then when I write my ‘bleak views’, I end it with “I hope I’m wrong”. While I didn’t write that this time, I nonetheless do hope that I am wrong because one can barely imagine what the consequences will be for tens of thousands, or even millions, of Jews and Arabs if I’m right.

I suppose saying “I hope I’m wrong” might seem a strange thing for an academic to say since most academics careers depend on them being right in their analyses of aspects of their chosen discipline – their academic reputations may hang on it. However, being mostly retired and having returned to uni to advance my learning rather than seeking a late-life career change, I’m in the rare position of being able to call myself a ‘freelance academic’; beholden to no one and past caring about what others think of me or my ‘reputation’.

Anyway, let’s hope push doesn’t come to shove and that the world can see the folly in what the Zionists are pushing for before it gets out of hand.

vlad said...

"Anyway, let’s hope push doesn’t come to shove and that the world can see the folly in what the Zionists are pushing for before it gets out of hand."

The ones that can see the folly are marginalised and ridiculed whilst the rest of the bewildered herd are too frightened, stupid, or entranced by the puppet show to be of any help.
Me, ive been practising Yoga lately so as to more easily be able to bend over and grab my ankles.....i suggest you all do the same ;)

Dancewater said...

I don't believe that Israel will attack Iran - and I have been saying this since June 2006 - for the simple reason that Israel (like the USA) is a bully. And bullies only pick on the weak who cannot hurt them back.

Iran can, and will, hurt them back.

Damian Lataan said...

As I said above, Dancewater, I hope you are right!